The Pig Wrestlers
Serial entrepreneur Ray Rafiq-Omar and author Jock Busuttil get together to discuss Mark McCormack’s book, Never Wrestle With A Pig. They just don’t always get around to it. The topics they discuss often include their own experiences of fintech, founding and managing technology companies, product management and current affairs.
Or watch The Pig Wrestlers on YouTube
- Brand & TV Adverts – Episode 45by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on December 8, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss why you can’t control your own brand, and the power of TV advertising.
- Putting The Work In – Episode 44by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on December 1, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss school systems that reward a desire to learn, and where that sense of entitlement comes from.
- Communication and Autonomy – Episode 43by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on November 24, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss the challenges facing UK energy firms, and why autonomous teams can’t just do whatever they want.
- Being Nice (When You Don’t Have To) – Episode 42by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on November 17, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss nice things, nice people and the art of being nice to others. All very nice.
- Content Creators & Brand – Episode 41by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on November 10, 2021
Ray and Jock talk about influencers, content creators and the brands they create for themselves.
- The Best Ideas Can’t Be Stolen – Episode 40by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on November 3, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss the Mom Test, why ‘it’s complicated’, how passion and purpose can elevate a so-so idea to a great one.
- Lemonade – Episode 39by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on October 27, 2021
Ray and Jock talk about big and little ideas, influence for equity and why good brand names are hard.
- Do MBAs Stifle Innovation? – Episode 38by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on October 20, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss the pros and cons of a MBA, and whether the approach taken in med school for training doctors is a useful analogy.
- 2 Scale-ups At Once with Janna Bastow – Episode 37by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on October 13, 2021
Ray and Jock are joined by Janna Bastow, CEO and co-founder of ProdPad and co-founder of Mind The Product. They discuss the unique challenges of running two rapidly-growing startups at the same time, the dangers of the agency trap, and support networks for entrepreneurs.
- Convenience As A Service – Episode 36by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 29, 2021
Ray shares some big news about the book with Jock. They talk fast food and convenience store infrastructure as a service, and why Sainsbury’s and Deliveroo would be a merger made in heaven.
- Which Investment Strategy Wins? – Episode 35by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 22, 2021
Ray and Jock talk about Warren Buffett’s $1m wager on a passive investment strategy, ethical funds and legendary car testing ground, the Nurburgring.
- Building An Empire On TikTok with Max McCann – Episode 34by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 15, 2021
Ray and Jock are joined by TikTok sensation Max McCann for a revealing interview in which he shares the long, hard path to becoming an overnight success, and how he keeps his positive attitude when faced with trolling.