The Pig Wrestlers
Serial entrepreneur Ray Rafiq-Omar and author Jock Busuttil get together to discuss Mark McCormack’s book, Never Wrestle With A Pig. They just don’t always get around to it. The topics they discuss often include their own experiences of fintech, founding and managing technology companies, product management and current affairs.
Or watch The Pig Wrestlers on YouTube
- The Future Of Work – Episode 21by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on June 16, 2021
Ray and Jock explain why customer success doesn’t just start when you take their money, and discuss whether we’re all going to flock back to the office after COVID-19.
- Getting An Honest Answer – Episode 20by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on June 9, 2021
This week Ray and Jock are discussing career progression, the dirty secret of why people lie about washing their hands and how to connect more deeply with people.
- Cargo Cults and Roulette – Episode 19by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on June 2, 2021
This week Ray and Jock are joined by Tim Meadowcroft to talk about tacit knowledge, why startups can shake themselves apart as they grow, and how physicists and computer scientists gamed roulette in Las Vegas.
- Your Call Is Important To Us – Episode 18by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on May 26, 2021
This week Ray reveals some juicy gossip and how UK estate agent Foxtons punches above its weight.
- Tesla Is Not A Car Company – Episode 17by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on May 19, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss why Tesla is going to win at energy generation.
- Companies With An Unfair Advantage – Episode 16by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on May 12, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss how Ember is reducing Ray’s anxiety, why challenger banks have missed a trick, and how Octopus Energy has an unfair advantage.
- Co-opt Your Rivals (Like Cristiano Ronaldo and Salesforce Did) – Episode 15by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on May 5, 2021
Ray and Jock wonder why on earth Salesforce bought Slack, how a cheeky beer saved a legal battle, and why it’s always a bad idea to disrespect your competitors.
- Be A Failure Waste Hero – Episode 14by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on April 28, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss whether it’s better to be good at fixing mistakes or to avoid making them in the first place, how Tesla reduces its cars’ failure rates, and why weighing paper forms is an expensive waste of time.
- The 10 Most Toxic Lies in Business – Episode 13by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on April 21, 2021
This week Ray and Jock are talking about toxic lies, taking credit for other people’s ideas and how to give honest feedback.
- Never Wrestle With A Pig – Episode 12by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on April 14, 2021
Ray and Jock reach the iconic chapter of the book and chat about why it’s fruitless to wrestle with pigs, the harsh realisation that sometimes you are in fact the pig, and how that taints your ability to lead.
- Cutting Corners – Episode 11by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on April 7, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss what you can and can’t control, which are the right corners to cut when innovating, and how outsiders like SpaceX and Apple look at problems from a fresh perspective.
- About Time – Episode 10by Ray Rafiq-Omar and Jock Busuttil on March 31, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss how they keep control of their time, why your relationship with a cofounder can be like a marriage, and the secret of what VC investors are really looking for in a startup.