The Pig Wrestlers
Serial entrepreneur Ray Rafiq-Omar and author Jock Busuttil get together to discuss Mark McCormack’s book, Never Wrestle With A Pig. They just don’t always get around to it. The topics they discuss often include their own experiences of fintech, founding and managing technology companies, product management and current affairs.
Or watch The Pig Wrestlers on YouTube
- Which Investment Strategy Wins? – Episode 35by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 22, 2021
Ray and Jock talk about Warren Buffett’s $1m wager on a passive investment strategy, ethical funds and legendary car testing ground, the Nurburgring.
- Building An Empire On TikTok with Max McCann – Episode 34by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 15, 2021
Ray and Jock are joined by TikTok sensation Max McCann for a revealing interview in which he shares the long, hard path to becoming an overnight success, and how he keeps his positive attitude when faced with trolling.
- SpaceX Is Taking The Magic Out – Episode 33by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 8, 2021
Ray and Jock delve into Eric Ries’s long-term stock exchange and wonder whether the magic’s being taken out of space travel.
- A Digital Way To Demean Me – Episode 32by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on September 1, 2021
Ray and Jock talk about David and Goliath stories from boxing, overestimating your competitors, and getting to the truth of why in user research.
- Flying Cars Before Tesla Full Self-Driving – Episode 31by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on August 25, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss whether it’s right to exploit psychological biases to gain an advantage, and where the line is between aiming big and claiming you’ve already got there.
- The Flying Pig Wrestlers – Episode 30by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on August 18, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss the good and bad types of fear and how we respond to them, why we’re uncomfortable with our own success, and making the risky, mundane.
- More Work – Episode 29by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on August 11, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss Mark McCormack’s paradox of wanting more work, not less, Zoom fatigue, and knowing which tasks to say ‘yes’ to.
- The Illusion of Choice with Stan Karpenko – Episode 28by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on August 4, 2021
Ray and Jock are joined by co-founder and CTO of GiveVision Stan Karpenko. They discuss the most valuable skill university can teach, what’s critical for a successful product, and the constraints on our freedom of choice.
- SPACs and NFTs – Episode 27by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on July 28, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss the pros and cons of herd mentality in trading, uncover why NFTs are valuable, and reveal the downside of scratching your own itch.
- Recovering From A Bad Decision – Episode 26by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on July 21, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss the best approach for pulling back from a bad decision and why sunk cost fallacy makes it so tricky, why the invention of the Post-It note was not serendipity, and how to measure true progress.
- Hack Your Credit File – Episode 25by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on July 14, 2021
Ray and Jock discuss life hacks for your credit score, how to get a mortgage with adverse credit, and how much companies like Experian and Equifax know about you.
- Pets, Poker and Hiring People with Ludo Lacay – Episode 24by Ray Rafiq and Jock Busuttil on July 7, 2021
This week Ray and Jock are joined by Ludo Lacay, co-founder of pet insurance startup Napo, to talk about professional poker, the struggles of becoming a co-founder, and applying his experience from Facebook.